WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-Aug-11 23:04:42

Mugelan

MIMO 2X2 Alamouti

Hi sir,
i have done a successful transmission/reception of random data using Alamouti encoding/decoding for a 2X2 MIMO in a single warp kit.

Can you suggest me how can i transmit image files via alamouti 2X2 MIMO.

I am using V3 board and warplab 7.3

Last edited by Mugelan (2014-Aug-11 23:45:19)

#2 2014-Aug-12 09:52:19

welsh
Administrator

Re: MIMO 2X2 Alamouti

At the place in the code where you are creating the random data, use something like fread() to read in your image as binary data and then format and transmit that data instead.

#3 2017-Mar-08 02:05:19

BOb

I recently want to use  wl_example_mimo_ofdm_txrx.m  to transport the picture,  the generated data for  transmitting  is a array of random(tx_data = randi(MOD_ORDER, 1, N_DATA_SYMS) - 1), I tried the( tx_data = imread('pic.jpg') ) function to read the image(.jpg), but  i get a three-dimensional matrix. I want to know if i need take the matrix into  one-dimensional matrix for following process. Can you suggest me how can i transmit  picture (.jpg) via 2X2 MIMO using V3 board. Is there a simpler way to do it?
Thank you

#4 2017-Mar-08 09:31:57

chunter
Administrator

tx_data needs to be a vector of integers in the range of [0, (MOD_ORDER-1)]. Each element in this vector becomes a single complex-valued modulated symbol.

How you map your payload onto tx_data is up to you, but there is more to it than directly feeding the output of imread into it. Ultimately, you want to convert your payload into a flat 1-dimensional vector bits and then form tx_data symbols out of each group of log2(MOD_ORDER) bits. On the rx-side, you'd then need to undo that process. Also, this is where you could insert channel coding and decoding rather than directly modulating your payload bits. This would help recover from errors that occur through the wireless channel.

Board footer