WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-Mar-21 10:38:13

landraka

Initialization of nodes in warplab 7.7.1

Hello, I am using the siso odfm txrx example code as the base code for a project which has 4 nodes. Two of the nodes are acting as base stations and two of the nodes as user equipment. The nodes communicate back and forth to match the base stations and user equipments with the highest SNR links. My question has to do with initializing the nodes because I believe it may have something to do some of the problems I have been running into. When the matching code runs I get some strange results like a user equipment which is already matched requesting a base station again. I was wondering if this had anything to do with the initializaiton of the node, specificly in this part of the code from the example:

% Create a UDP broadcast trigger and tell each node to be ready for it
    eth_trig_1 = wl_trigger_eth_udp_broadcast;
    wl_triggerManagerCmd(nodes, 'add_ethernet_trigger', [eth_trig_1]);

% Read Trigger IDs into workspace
    trig_in_ids  = wl_getTriggerInputIDs(nodes(1));
    trig_out_ids = wl_getTriggerOutputIDs(nodes(1));

In the siso odfm txrx example we only do this once and I was wondering if I should be doing this initialization for each of the nodes since they are all transmitting at one point or another. I was hoping that you could elaborate on what steps go into initializing the nodes for an experiment setup like the one I described above.  I have gone through my matching code several times to look for errors but have found nothing yet so wanted to check this as well. Thank you so much for whatever support you can provide.

-Luke

#2 2017-Mar-21 10:51:18

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Initialization of nodes in warplab 7.7.1

You only need to call wl_initNodes() once. You can then run any combination of Tx/Rx/trigger/config commands with the nodes (or any subset of the nodes) for your experiment. You can add/remove Ethernet trigger sensitivity with the add_ethernet_trigger/delete_ethernet_trigger commands.

Board footer