WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-Jun-15 05:45:57

FoufiDoumi

Different delay per transmitter?

Hello!

Here in our lab we would like to make a demo using the WARPs (if it's possible) and for that we need RFA and RFB of a node to get triggered with a different delay each while continuous_tx is enabled for both.

Is that possible with WL 7.7.1? I know that tx_delay doesn't get RF attributes, and I tried it of course and well it ends up giving the same delay to all RFs of the node. So, is there any other way to do that? We'd like a precision of 0.4 nanoseconds maximum (delay of a sample, 25 whole nanoseconds is too much).

Thank you in advance.

#2 2018-Jun-15 08:29:51

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Different delay per transmitter?

We'd like a precision of 0.4 nanoseconds maximum (delay of a sample, 25 whole nanoseconds is too much).

The RF A and B DACs share a sampling clock; it is not possible to adjust the phase of the sampling clocks between the interfaces. The only option I can think of is to construct waveforms for RF A and B with the required shift. I think you could build an all-pass linear-phase filter, where the slope of the phase response adjusts the effective delay (frequency-dependent phase == delay).

Board footer