WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-Sep-01 08:44:42

TIM

Using iperf send traffic and calculate the throughput

Hi,

I want to calculate the throughput when using iperf to send traffic instead of LTG traffic.

When I use LTG traffic, I can use the example script from your python file

Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.7.0\Python_Reference\examples\throughput_two_nodes.py

I searched the forum and I found that you said just disable the LTG. And I delete the scripts about LTG. And then I start iperf to send UDP traffic from the server to the client. The server and client can ping to each other and two WARP nodes are used as AP and STA between the server and client. The UDP traffic is 35m bandwidth for 30s. And the throughput is 29.8Mbps from the server report.

After I run this iperf and the python script together, the server reported a Warning: did not receive the ack of the last datagram after 10 tries. And the throughput result is all 0 from the modified python script.

So how can I record the throughput of the iperf traffic instead of the LTG traffic?

Thank you!

#2 2018-Sep-01 11:37:47

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Using iperf send traffic and calculate the throughput

A few things:
-Are you sure the iperf UDP flow is working? Does the destination node (could be client or server, depending on the flow directly) report nonzero throughput? The source node of a UDP flow might report nonzero throughput even if no packets were delivered.

-The throughput_two_nodes.py script runs for 10 seconds (TRIAL_TIME) by default, and computes throughput based on Tx/Rx packet counts during this time. Does your iperf flow overlap this TRIAL_TIME interval?

-If you run wireshark on the PCs during the iperf experiment do you observe the expected UDP traffic on both PC Ethernet interfaces?

Board footer