WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-Sep-27 09:04:25

isky

WARPLab OFDM reference design

Hello

I am using this examples: WARPLab 7 Example: SISO OFDM

1  I want to know the number of symbols of OFDM, the impact on the data sent.
2  I want to select good quality subcarriers to transmit data according to CSI information. For subcarriers with poor channel quality, do not transmit data. Which part do I need to modify the program?
3  I want to send data at different powers for each subcarrier. Can it be achieved?

If you can solve my problem, I will especially thank you!

#2 2018-Sep-27 10:30:14

murphpo
Administrator

Re: WARPLab OFDM reference design

1  I want to know the number of symbols of OFDM, the impact on the data sent.

The number of OFDM symbols is controlled by the N_OFDM_SYMS variable. The total number of data bits depends on the number of OFDM symbols and the selected modulation rate (MOD_ORDER variable).

2  I want to select good quality subcarriers to transmit data according to CSI information. For subcarriers with poor channel quality, do not transmit data. Which part do I need to modify the program?
3  I want to send data at different powers for each subcarrier. Can it be achieved?

Both are possible. I cannot tell you exactly how to implement these changes as I have never tried them. You will need to study the OFDM M code and experiment with your customizations. I strongly encourage you to work with the script in simulation (USE_WARPLAB_TXRX = 0) and be sure your custom code is working as expected before testing with hardware.

#3 2018-Sep-27 22:14:47

isky

Re: WARPLab OFDM reference design

Thank you very much, this is very helpful to me!

Board footer