WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-Nov-22 22:17:56

sarah

Only one Warp experiment

I have modified the Wl_example_siso_ofdm in WarpLab reference design so that only one warp could use the RF_A to transmit the data and RF_D to receive the data. The question here is do these two RF chains share the same sampling clock?

#2 2018-Nov-23 08:41:23

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Only one Warp experiment

do these two RF chains share the same sampling clock

Yes - all RF interfaces on one node share sampling and RF reference clocks.

#3 2018-Nov-23 22:32:32

sarah

This is the linear relationship of CSI phase in different OFDM subcarriers.
https://wx3.sinaimg.cn/large/005yj13Lly1fxj1k6jr4rj30g10e00sw.jpg

Last edited by sarah (2018-Nov-23 22:43:26)

#4 2018-Nov-23 22:40:12

sarah

murphpo wrote:

do these two RF chains share the same sampling clock

Yes - all RF interfaces on one node share sampling and RF reference clocks.

When I test the WarpLab SISO OFDM design using one Warp node. One antenna transmits signal(RF D) and the other one receives the signal (RF A) . I got the Channel state information for different OFDM subcarriers. However, When I look into the phase of Channel state information in different subcarriers. There is a strong linear relationship of phase with different subcarriers which looks like a phase offset caused by sample frequency shift. But if all RF interfaces share the same sample clock. There shouldn't be sample frequency shift. Do you have any idea about this strange frequency shift caused a linear relationship of phase in different subcarriers?

About the linear relationship what I say, Please refer the figure above

Last edited by sarah (2018-Nov-23 22:45:15)

#5 2018-Nov-24 12:06:20

murphpo
Administrator

There is a strong linear relationship of phase with different subcarriers which looks like a phase offset caused by sample frequency shift

You're seeing the effects of delay. A delay is a linear phase vs frequency, where the slope of the linear phase is proportional to the delay. Try adjusting the FFT_OFFSET parameter. This value controls (on average) how many samples of cyclic prefix are consumed by the receiver's FFT. In a real system this parameter adjusts the tradeoff between synchronization error tolerance (i.e. use many cyclic prefix samples) and multipath tolerance (i.e. use no cyclic prefix samples). You will observe the same behavior in simulation.

Board footer