WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-Jan-24 18:06:34

lakecarrot

Warp V3 Ethernet connection problem

Hi all,

I am trying to run the MIMO OFDM example on the Warp V3 board and follow the instruction in the following link to set up my experiment environment.

https://warpproject.org/trac/wiki/WARPLab/QuickStart

FYI, I chose to load the 2RF bin file to the SD card.

However, I found that the setup only works if I directly link my computer with the board using ethernet cable (and passed the verified code in quick start.). When I tried to connect both of them to the same switch, the Ethernet link on the board will never up (no light on switch.). And thus the bottom green LED blinks forever. I have set the IP address of my ethernet link to 10.0.0.250/24. I wonder does anyone how to deal with this problem?

Thanks in advance!
Best wishes,
Bo

#2 2019-Jan-24 20:55:34

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Warp V3 Ethernet connection problem

Does your switch support 1Gbps Ethernet? The WARPLab design configures the node's Ethernet port for 1Gbs by default. You can change this in the C code, but 100Mbps Ethernet will be a bottleneck for transferring large waveforms.

#3 2019-Jan-24 22:01:22

lakecarrot

murphpo wrote:

Does your switch support 1Gbps Ethernet? The WARPLab design configures the node's Ethernet port for 1Gbs by default. You can change this in the C code, but 100Mbps Ethernet will be a bottleneck for transferring large waveforms.

Thanks a lot for your reply!

My switch is 10/100 Mbps switch. But I even didn't try to send any actual waveforms, I suspect at the very beginning we only need small act package right? Does that help to change to 1 Gb/s switch? Or could you please point me to the C code that can change the default Ethernet port configuration?

#4 2019-Jan-24 22:20:24

murphpo
Administrator

I would strongly recommend using a 1000Gbps switch; all of our testing and characterization of the WARPLab Reference Design assumes a 1Gbps Ethernet connection. We've had consistently good luck with Netgear GS105NA switches, though any 1Gbps-capable switch should suffice.

Board footer