WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-Apr-14 08:19:29

chenhongwei

a question about using modified design

I have found there is a strange phenomenon for me when i use the w3 board .Whatever changes I make to hardware that i think it not influences the original hardware design such as just adding a chipscope_icon and a chipscope_ila IP core to monitor the unrouted port ,such as the rfd_dac_i port, the w3 board can not normally work with that My computer can't found the Mango_IBSS wifi (use the IBSS mode). it maybe problems of my using method of SDK,i have read the SDK using tutorial for times ,i hope someone to help me to see my using process  is right or not.
      1.in xps,generate bitstream->click export design->only export.(after do that,the modified platform project lie in path :SDK/SDK_Export/hw )
      2.modified system.bmm file in SDK/SDK_Export/hw folder.
      3.launch SDK->import SDK_WorkPlace->build->program FPGA (choose system.bit and system.bmm file under the path :SDK/SDK_Export/hw and choose elf file.)
      4 .program fpga.
      5.my computer can not find mango_ibss wifi
the sdk software rely on  hardware platform,maybe the sdk project should to update .

Last edited by chenhongwei (2019-Apr-15 05:06:50)

#2 2019-Apr-15 09:38:41

murphpo
Administrator

Re: a question about using modified design

You should not reference the SDK/SDK_Export folder explicitly. After building the hardware design select Export, then "Export & Launch SDK". When the SDK launches select your SDK_Workspace folder (typically the SDK_Workspace folder inside the XPS project folder). The SDK will launch and re-import the updated hardware. Then make your desired C code changes, ensure the C code compiles successfully. Then in the "Program FPGA" window ensure the .bit and .bmm fields refer to files in the SDK_Workspace/proj_name_hw_platform/ folder.

Due to a limitation in the 14.4 tools you must manually edit the .bmm file after exporting a new hardware design from XPS. Refer to the user guide.

#3 2019-Apr-16 00:42:41

chenhongwei

thank you very much,I have learned o lot!!!

#4 2019-Apr-23 10:16:07

chenhongwei

I add a chipscope core to observe the PHY output signal in the 802.11 reference project, after successfully program FPGA ,the WARP can not work normally in using IBSS mode,the Abnormal performance is all leds are not lighted( user I/O section of the board and the RF interfaces) ,two 7-segment displays display"00",I think the LEDs lamp and two 7-segment displays seems to give fault information, i hope some suggestions to help me to determine the cause of failure. thanks

Last edited by chenhongwei (2019-Apr-23 10:21:08)

#5 2019-Apr-23 10:43:31

murphpo
Administrator

The LED behavior you describe is consistent with configuring the FPGA with a bitstream that does not include software applications for the MicroBlaze CPUs. You can verify that the MicroBlaze CPUs are running the desired applications (i.e. AP in CPU High and DCF in CPU Low) by monitoring the UART output at boot.

#6 2019-Apr-25 10:12:52

chenhongwei

yeah,I have verified your suggestion with a blank UART output at boot.it seems that i configure the FPGA with a bitstream that does not include software applications for the MicroBlaze CPUs.i use window 7 OS and follow the user guider,I don't know why. Do you have any suggestions?

#7 2019-Apr-26 10:47:06

murphpo
Administrator

I cannot discern exactly what you're doing wrong - you will need to review instructions in the user guide for creating and using the SDK Workspace, and programming the node with a valid bitstream and software applications.

#8 2019-May-07 09:39:47

chenhongwei

thank you,I have solved my problem,I just add a fmc_bb_4da core into the 802.11 reference design, when i program FPGA,the uart output like this :
----- Mango 802.11 Reference Design -----
----- v1.7.8 ----------------------------
----- wlan_mac_ibss ---------------------
Compiled May  7 2019 11:17:53

Rand Seed: 0x844AAF2F
Testing DRAM...
Tx Queue of 3413 placed in DRAM: using 13652 kB
Initializing Event log (1047993840 bytes) at 0xC188E210
Network Info list (len 128) placed in DRAM: using 10 kB
Station Info list (len 332) placed in DRAM: using 62 kB
  1 Eth Tx BDs placed in BRAM: using 64 B
239 Eth Rx BDs placed in BRAM: using 14 kB

it seems not a normal behavior when use ibss application
the  "--"  displayed in Hex Displays, RF A LED lighted,the User IO LED have twos lighted but not twinkle,so the IBSS sucessfully be run? Because I want to connect the computer to the board with IBSS

Last edited by chenhongwei (2019-May-07 10:04:30)

Board footer