WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-Jul-24 15:53:46

Zehui

Question about time_to_done

Hi,

I'm using two WARPs as APs and two laptops each connecting to one WARP. The two WARP are both configured on the same channel.

I'm implementing a rate adaptation algorithm on an SDN controller which control both APs. When both AP send the packets in the same 1 second, the accumulated time_to_done field of two APs is both 1s. So I assume the time_to_done field may also contain the time an AP waits when the channel is occupied by the other. If so, how can it excluded this part of time?

Thanks Beforehand

#2 2019-Jul-25 09:08:51

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Question about time_to_done

The log entry fields are documented in the user guide. The time_to_done field records how long the lower mac (in CPU Low) owns the packet. This time includes any deferrals to a busy medium, the actual Tx time for every transmission attempt and any timeout/backoff intervals.

When both AP send the packets in the same 1 second, the accumulated time_to_done field of two APs is both 1s.

I do not understand this statement - you will need to clarify.

#3 2019-Jul-25 09:25:33

Zehui

I want calculate the time an AP actual capture the channel. So,my question is how can I excludes the time of the defferrals to a busy medium in time_to_dome.

#4 2019-Jul-25 14:02:00

murphpo
Administrator

I'm sorry, I still don't understand.

The time_to_done field reports the total time the lower MAC handled a packet. By definition it's the sum of deferral time and actual Tx (waveform on the air) time. You can compute the Tx time (waveform duration) from the rate and length of the packet.

Board footer