WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-Nov-02 02:03:12

Ayan_Chatterjee

Doubt regarding Interface IDs

Whenever, we are invoking "wl_getInterfaceIDs" function, it will return some parameters including:

1) RF_A, RF_B,RF_ON_BOARD,RF_ALL,RF_ON_BOARD_VEC,RF_ALL_VEC (For the Board with 2RF)

2) RF_A, RF_B,RF_C,RF_D,RF_ON_BOARD,RF_FMC,RF_ALL,RF_ON_BOARD_VEC,RF_FMC_VEC,RF_ALL_VEC (For the Board with 4RF)

In both of the cases, the content of RF_A,RF_B, and RF_ON_BOARD are same.

So, I have three doubts including:
1) What those parameters means?
2) I want to tune Node_1_RF_A to 2.4 GHz Band and Node_2_RF_A to tune 5GHz band then how to do it through code.Because,RF_A of both the boards are having same address.
3)In simple TX_RX example you have written "wl_interfaceCmd(nodes, ifc_ids.RF_ALL, 'channel', 2.4, 11);" thi line.
Is it mean that it will tune all the RF port of 2RF Board(RF_A,RF_B) and 4 RF Board(RF_A,RF_B,RF_C,RF_D) to 2.4 GHz Band?
Is it not required to tune 4RF antennas separately?

#2 2019-Nov-02 12:27:03

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Doubt regarding Interface IDs

Is it mean that it will tune all the RF port of 2RF Board(RF_A,RF_B) and 4 RF Board(RF_A,RF_B,RF_C,RF_D) to 2.4 GHz Band?

You can use the same interface IDs on nodes with the same hardware configuration. For nodes with different configurations (i.e. 2RF vs 4RF) you should retrieve interface IDs for each node and use those interface IDs only with nodes of the same configuration. Our example scripts assume 2RF nodes, so the interface IDs are retrieved from one node and used with all nodes in the script.

Please refer to the user guide for more info.

Board footer