WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-Sep-23 15:40:18

dang2327

WARPv3 CPLD appears to be damaged

I have a couple of hardware problems with the WARP nodes I'm working on. Can you please help direct me to the right resource for getting it fixed?

1. One of the node has its ERR led light in "FPGA Config" constantly on. This happens regardless of the bitstream I program the node with via SD card. However, the node appears to be functional. The same bitstream works fine with other nodes with the green light on `STAT`. Is there a problem with this node's CPLD?

2. Another node, after a series of late night experiments, can no longer be configured via SD card. When I turn it on with the SD card plugged in, the configuration process does not start. And if I power cycle the node using the ON/OFF switch, the fan doesn't come up as well. I have to disconnect / reconnect the power cable to get the fan going again. One last thing I tried was to reprogram the CPLD with the provided bitstream in the WARP repository. However, impact could no longer recognize the CPLD chip:

ESN option: 000013E908CD01.
Attempting to identify devices in the boundary-scan chain configuration...
INFO:iMPACT - Current time: 9/23/15 4:25 PM
// *** BATCH CMD : Identify -inferir
PROGRESS_START - Starting Operation.
Identifying chain contents...done.
ERROR:iMPACT - A problem may exist in the hardware configuration. Check that the cable, scan chain, and power connections are intact, that the specified scan chain configuration matches the actual hardware, and that the power supply is adequate and delivering the correct voltage.
PROGRESS_END - End Operation.
Elapsed time =      0 sec.
// *** BATCH CMD : identifyMPM

Is hardware fix now needed for both of the nodes? Is there anything else I can try to help diagnose the problem?

#2 2015-Sep-23 16:00:18

murphpo
Administrator

Re: WARPv3 CPLD appears to be damaged

(1) Can iMPACT reconfigure the PLD on this node? Do FPGA designs work normally if loaded via the FPGA's JTAG chain?
(2) This sounds like a hardware problem. A power supply may be down if the fan isn't running.

Contact us offline (support[at]mangocomm.com) to start an RMA.

#3 2015-Sep-24 11:24:39

dang2327

Re: WARPv3 CPLD appears to be damaged

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the quick pointer.

(1) Reflashing the CPLD works. Node no longer shows `ERR` led light
(2) We are shipping the node to Mango soon.

Best Regards,
Danh

Board footer