WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-Apr-23 17:30:30

zrcao

IP Core Version Number

How to add and edit an IP Version number for a customly built pcore?

#2 2007-Apr-23 19:36:49

murphpo
Administrator

Re: IP Core Version Number

The core's version information is specified in a few places.

1) In the name of the folder containing the pcore itself. This must be named myCore_vX_Y_Z where X is the major version number, Y is the minor version number and Z is the revision letter. For example, myCore_v1_01_a and myCore_v2_08_c are both valid pcore folder names.

2) In the pcore's PAO file. Generally the last line will be something like "lib myCore_v1_01_a myCore verilog". The version number following the library name ("myCore_v1_01_a" in this example") must match the version in pcore's folder name.

3) If the pcore's top-level file is VHDL, there may be lines like "library myCore_v1_01_a" and "use myCore_v1_01_a.all"  which must match the pcore's version number. See radio_controller.vhd for an example of this.

You can refer to the EDK's Platform Specification Format Reference Manual for more details on the use and naming of these files. A copy of psf_rm.pdf is probably also installed in C:\EDK\doc\.

#3 2007-Apr-24 15:54:49

zrcao

thanks for the reply. I have made modification according to (1) and (2). For (2), there is a line in .pao file -- "lib ddc_opbw_v1_01_a ddc_opbw". However, there is no vhdl or verilog in the end.  Since this is VHDL, according to the "Platform Specification Format Reference Manual", I guess this is correct. My .pao file looks like

Code:

lib ddc_opbw ddc
lib ddc_opbw_v1_01_a ddc_opbw

However, I am not sure about (3), since I couldn't find lines in the .vdh looks like "library myCore_v1_01_a". There are only three libraries: "library IEEE", "library unisim" and "library XilinxCoreLib". Should we add line "library myCore_v1_01_a" by hand, or it is generated automatically?

Without change according to (3), I tried to build the platform and bitstream, I got the following error.

Code:

Generating synthesis project file ...

ERROR:MDT - File not found in any repository 'ddc_opbw/hdl/vhdl/ddc.vhd'

ERROR:MDT - platgen failed with errors!

make: *** [implementation/system.bmm] Error 2

Done!

This is apparent, since the folder name has been changed to ddc_opbw_v1_01_a according to (1). So there is no folder called "ddc_opbw".  I tried a few ways, including create a brand new project. However, I still get this error message. 

Thank you.

#4 2007-Apr-24 16:39:51

murphpo
Administrator

If your core has a version number, you have to include the version in the XPS project's MHS file. The instantiation of your core should look like:

Code:

BEGIN myCore_opbw
 PARAMETER INSTANCE = myCore_opbw_0
 PARAMETER HW_VER = 1.03.a

#5 2007-Apr-25 12:26:24

zrcao

I do have the right code in .mhs file. So I don't think it is the reason. Should I do sth. even before click the sysgen block generate button? The error seems to looking for a folder called 'myCore_opbw' without any version information. Before I click the sysgen block generate button, there is no version information. 

Code:

BEGIN DDC_opbw
 PARAMETER INSTANCE = DDC_opbw_0
 PARAMETER HW_VER = 1.01.a
 PARAMETER C_BASEADDR = 0x77800000
 PARAMETER C_HIGHADDR = 0x7780ffff
 BUS_INTERFACE SOPB = opb
END

#6 2007-Apr-25 15:58:22

murphpo
Administrator

You need to update both lines of the PAO file. Try:

Code:

lib ddc_opbw_v1_01_a ddc
lib ddc_opbw_v1_01_a ddc_opbw

zrcao wrote:

Should I do sth. even before click the sysgen block generate button?

You have to make the changes to the pcore's folder name and PAO file by hand; sysgen2opb (really, the OPB Export Tool) doesn't support core versioning.

Board footer