WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-Jul-10 12:53:33

dpfeil

Lab files from workshop

I attended the workshop in November 2007.  Now that I have the hardware I am attempting to go through the labs again.  However, I keep getting errors when trying to extract the zip files, or sometimes the zip files are not there (this is the case for the MAC exercises).  Any suggestions for how I can get those files?  Thanks.

#2 2008-Jul-10 13:23:44

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Lab files from workshop

I was just having the same problem (corrupted downloads of big files). I traced it back to a bug in the web server config (we just upgraded Trac/apache/svn this weekend). Try downloading files again- it should work better.

#3 2008-Jul-10 23:09:58

dpfeil

Thanks.  Yes that helped with most of the lab zip files.  However, whenever I try to download the mac layer files i get an error:

Error: Not Found
No handler matched request to /bigFiles/WARPWorkshop_Nov07_MAC_Labs.zip

Not sure if they have been relocated, but where can I find them? Thanks

#4 2008-Jul-10 23:19:36

murphpo
Administrator

Yep, another quirk in the new Trac (it changed the default behavior for relative URLs). I just fixed the pages to point to the right URLs (http://warp.rice.edu/bigFiles/WARPWorks … C_Labs.zip in this case).

One note on the labs- if you're just starting out, I suggest using the labs from the latest workshop (from April 2008). The exercises are essentially the same, but the underlying MAC/PHY design is newer and more stable.

We're holding another workshop next week; we'll post the materials soon after. These will be even newer, most likely based on the Xilinx 10.1 tools.

#5 2008-Jul-11 13:39:44

dpfeil

Thanks.

I am trying to do the sin wave generator lab from april.  However, when I try to load the project file, it complains that there is no radio_controller_v1_09_a pcore.  I checked and the oldest one in the file repository is 1_10_a.  Is it possible to change the one it needs or get a hold of 1_09_a? Thanks.

#6 2008-Jul-14 22:02:36

murphpo
Administrator

The old radio controller is available at http://warp.rice.edu/trac/browser/Platf … ted/pcores. This is enough to reproduce the workshop exercises; if you're going to build something new, definitely use the newest cores.

On a related note, the first three lab exercises built using the 10.1 tools are now available: http://warp.rice.edu/trac/wiki/Workshops/Rice_2008July.

The MAC labs will be posted in the next few days, once we have a chance to clean up the code after the workshop.

Board footer