WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-Apr-06 12:07:38

kanchan

SNR Vs BER calculation in WARPLab

Hi,
    I want to modify the wl_example_siso_txrx.m code to plot the graph SNR Vs BER calculation in WARPLab reference design.I have already run successfully all the M_Code_Examples given in the WARPLab reference design and well understand the code for SISO as well as MIMO configuration.But I am not getting where to start to modify the code for SNR Vs BER calculation.Please help

#2 2015-Apr-06 13:17:22

welsh
Administrator

Re: SNR Vs BER calculation in WARPLab

You can start with this thread or this thread on plotting SNR vs BER.

#3 2015-Jun-08 10:03:25

kanchan

Hi,
In WARPLab(Reference_Design_7.5.1) framework I have modified the code of wl_example_siso_txrx.m for SNR_Vs_BER calculation.I just take a sequence of bits ,modulate it(4-QAM) and send.On the receiver side I have demodulated the receive data and compare both transmit and receive bit sequence.But even at 'tx_gain'=63 the bit error is very high almost 90%.Is it possible to increase the 'tx_gain' greater than 63 to reduce the bit error or  is it possible to control the Tx_Power directly.

#4 2015-Jun-08 10:27:23

chunter
Administrator

If you are getting that high of an BER at reasonable SNRs, there is likely something incorrect in your physical layer design. Increasing the transmit power won't fix that. You'll have to trace down where exactly the errors are coming from to be sure.

I'd recommend taking a look at the OFDM example as a reference on an relatively complete end-to-end physical layer design implementation in WARPLab.

Board footer