WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-May-21 14:19:59

Amir

Alamouti demo

Which revision of the alamouti simulink model has been used in the demo? was it integrated into one of the reference designs? if yes, which version? I've been having difficulty integrating the pcore into v08 of the reference design (the receiver seems to ignore all packets, no good/bad pkt interrupts triggered). Did you have to tweak any parameters/registers to get this to work? Thanks.

#2 2008-May-22 12:52:55

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Alamouti demo

We don't have a reference design for the Alamouti OFDM PHY. I intend to put one together. The Alamouti PHY's interface is very similar to the multiplexing PHY, but the register maps are slightly different. The current version of warpphy.c is specific to the multiplexing PHY; the code in warpphy_alamouti.c is still a work in progress...

#3 2008-May-22 13:25:23

Amir

Thanks. I had noticed the changes in the register map and have modified warpphy.c accordingly. Did you have to tune any other parameters for the demo to work? Anyway, I will play around with it further and will post the results.

#4 2008-Oct-01 11:58:25

Amir

Am I missing something or the Alamouti PHY model does not normalize the tx power, i.e. its tx power is 2x the reference design.

On a different note, I was able to reproduce the demo over the air in the lab with reference design v08.

#5 2008-Oct-01 12:13:08

murphpo
Administrator

That's true- the Alamouti PHY doesn't reduce the power from the two antennas. The output power from each radio is the same as the reference design in SISO mode. You can reduce the Tx power using the radio's amplifiers if you want to normalize things for testing.

Board footer