WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-Jan-31 21:23:52

Erica

Logging of delayed dequeuing from CPU high to CPU low

Hi,

I am working on this implementation in the reference design C code that requires delaying the dequeuing of packets from CPU high to CPU low. In my code, I add a scheduler in line 1536 to delay the callback to poll_tx_queue() for a user defined time period. I'm wondering if the dequeuing delay fulfilled in this way will be reflected in the log and give the actual delay_accept time for the tx_frame?

Thank you very much! Your help is really appreciated!

Last edited by Erica (2017-Jan-31 21:25:11)

#2 2017-Feb-01 15:46:14

chunter
Administrator

Re: Logging of delayed dequeuing from CPU high to CPU low

delay_accept is calculated as the difference between the creation time and the current MAC time in the context of wlan_mac_low_prepare_frame_transmit(). Any actions taken on your part that separate packet creation from acceptance by CPU_LOW will be reflected in this value. So yes, delaying dequeue by preventing poll_tx_queues() would be reflected.

Rather than delaying calls to poll_tx_queues(), you may want to consider an implementation where poll_tx_queues() is called normally but dequeues from one or more queues are not allowed for some amount of time. This is kind of like how power savings is implemented in our AP. The "STATION_INFO_FLAG_DOZE" flag in a station_info will prevent any packets from being dequeued to that particular STA while it is sleeping. You could effectively delay transmission to a particular STA without impacting other transmissions with a similar technique.

#3 2017-Feb-02 16:08:05

Erica

Re: Logging of delayed dequeuing from CPU high to CPU low

Thank you very much!

Board footer