WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-Apr-15 19:56:22

zrcao

Interrupt setup code

In warpmac_init(), the power pc not critical interrupt setup has only one line of code

Code:

// Enable PPC non-critical interrupts
XExc_mEnableExceptions(XEXC_NON_CRITICAL);

In the document XAPP778, page 15 and page 19, we are told to call XExc_Init(Void) and XExc_RegisterHandler(...) before XExc_mEnableExceptions. I couldn't find these two functions are called in your code. Why is that? Is this the difference between BSP and Xilkernel?

Last edited by zrcao (2007-Apr-15 19:59:23)

#2 2007-Apr-15 21:20:42

chunter
Administrator

Re: Interrupt setup code

The code you describe is present in the Interrupt Reference Design (http://warp.rice.edu/trac/wiki/Interrup … e%20Design). However, we had trouble getting the method presented in XAPP778 to work with custom interrupt-producing cores like those in our OFDM system. The code in the OFDM reference designs works, however (http://warp.rice.edu/trac/wiki/OFDMReferenceDesign). We are still investigating the "proper" way to handle interrupts with our system.

#3 2007-Apr-16 19:53:05

zrcao

Re: Interrupt setup code

I have the following understanding, please check whether it is right.

In order to make interrupt working, there are three setup steps:
1. Initialize the PPC exception handler to accept interrupt.
2. Initialize intC and register and enable all interrupt from pcores with intC
3. Initialize each interrupt-producing pcores
The first step and the second step are necessary, while the third step is optional depending on how each pcore is designed.

My earlier question is, for different OS, whether there is programming and setup difference in the first and second step? Are you still investigating the proper way for step 3 or the first two steps?

Last edited by zrcao (2007-Apr-16 20:09:36)

Board footer