WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-Jul-03 04:22:50

VATSALA SHARMA

Unable to ping warp

Since many days we are trying to configure warp v3 with the help of the getting started user guide. We are unable to ping the warp board from our system. kindly give suggestion regarding the same.

#2 2017-Jul-03 08:52:36

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Unable to ping warp

You'll have to be much more specific about your setup, what you've tried, what you expected and what you actually observed.

Are you using the WARPLab Reference Design? Or the 802.11 Reference Design? What version?

What does the WARP v3 node display on its LEDs after the bitstream loads? What does it display on UART? How the node connected to your PC?

#3 2017-Jul-03 23:57:14

VATSALA SHARMA

I am using WARPLab reference design 7.7.1. LED display 01 after the bitstream loads. node is connected via JTAG HS1. Everytime during ping i get a msg destination host unreachable

#4 2017-Jul-04 00:01:34

VATSALA SHARMA

Also please explain me when to use WARPLab reference design and when to use 802.11 reference design i.e. for what kind of implementations? what is the difference between the two reference design?

Last edited by VATSALA SHARMA (2017-Jul-04 01:23:09)

#5 2017-Jul-04 01:22:47

VATSALA SHARMA

Basically i want to simply transmit and receive signal using two antennas connected to WARP v3 board.

#6 2017-Jul-04 09:05:16

murphpo
Administrator

Did you follow all the steps in the WARPLab quick start? You must connect the WARP node ETH A interface to a dedicated NIC on your PC (directly or via a switch) and configure that NIC for the 10.0.0.x subnet.

Also please explain me when to use WARPLab reference design and when to use 802.11 reference design i.e. for what kind of implementations? what is the difference between the two reference design?

The WARPLab Reference Design enables direct Tx and Rx of waveforms from MATLAB. This is good for prototyping PHY algorithms with M code using the WARP hardware for actual Tx/Rx via the RF interfaces. Signal processing in the WARPLab ref design is not real time, as the waveforms must be transferred via Ethernet between the WARP node and PC.

The 802.11 Ref Design implements a real-time MAC and PHY in the WARP v3 FPGA. This design runs in real time and interacts with other 802.11 devices at RF with no offline processing required. This design is good for experimenting with new MAC and PHY algorithms and evaluating these algorithms in real wireless networks.

Board footer