WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-Aug-14 21:28:16

Nazabat

Reference Design Error 'wl_transport_eth_mex:send:noReply'

Hi,
I have done all the following steps
•    For your PC:
1.    Assign one of your NICs to the manual IP address specified in the wl_setup step above (default: (10.0.0.250, 255.255.255.0))
2.    Connect the NIC to a 1Gb Ethernet switch
•    For WARP v3 nodes:
1.    Connect ETH_A to the 1Gb Ethernet switch your PC is connected to.
2.    Set the user DIP switch to a unique value on each node, starting at 0
3.    Configure the FPGA with the Reference Design. The reference bitstreams are included in the Bitstreams_Reference folder from the downloaded archive. Find the bitstream appropriate for your hardware and program the .bit file to the board using the Xilinx iMPACT tool. The .bin file can be used to configure an SD card with the design (see the SD config howto for help using the .bin file).
1.    On boot each node will display the last digit of its IP address (N for IP address 10.0.0.N) on the right hex display. By default IP addresses are assigned as 10.0.0.N for N = node_ID + 1.
2.    The bottom green LED will blink until the Ethernet link is up
3.    All four green LEDs will blink when the node is ready to accept commands from MATLAB
Now my host IP is 10.0.0.250. The WARP v3 card is connected through 1Gb Ethernet switch and its IP is 10.0.0.2.  At last the switch ip is 10.0.0.1. I want to implement Reference Design “WARPLab_Reference_Design_7.7.1” But when I am running Matlab “wl_initNodes(N);” after execution of wl_setup. I have following error
MException
  Properties:
    identifier: 'wl_transport_eth_mex:send:noReply'
       message: 'maximum number of retransmissions met without reply from node'
         cause: {0x1 cell}
         stack: [6x1 struct]

Methods
Error message follows:
maximum number of retransmissions met without reply from node
Warning: The following error was caught while executing 'handle_light' class destructor:
No method 'delete' with matching signature found for class 'handle'.
Error using wl_initNodes (line 164)
The following nodes with IDs = [ 0 ] are not responding. Please ensure that the nodes have been configured with the WARPLab
bitstream.

Can you please guide me how to resolve it, I am using the following version of Warplab

wl_ver
WARPLab v7.7.1
WARPLab MEX UDP Transport v1.0.4a

#2 2017-Aug-14 23:04:01

Nazabat

Re: Reference Design Error 'wl_transport_eth_mex:send:noReply'

I have done it :

#3 2017-Aug-15 09:09:49

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Reference Design Error 'wl_transport_eth_mex:send:noReply'

The error above indicates your WARP v3 node did not respond to the WARPLab commands from MATLAB. You should verify your node is connected to a 1Gb Ethernet switch, your PC is connected to the same switch, your PC's NIC is configured with a static IP address in 10.0.0.X, and that the WARP v3 node is configured with the WARPLab bitstream.

Board footer