WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-Apr-03 16:55:42

vishnu

Lab Exercise4 NoMAC testing

Hi
I have downloaded the source files of lab4 the WARP workshop nov 2008. I have generated the bit stream It took long time but generated successfully.I have downloaded the bit file to warp board also using xps.

For one of the boards the yellow LED(middle) of three LEDs in the radio bard is glowing. Also terminal emulator is showing the messages.It gave a message flexible modulation is not supported in coded phy. I suppose its not an error.

But for the second board if I download the same bit stream no LEDs (out of three) on radio board is glowing. Also the terminal emulator is not showing anything. Is this the problem with the radio boards. The XPS basesystem builder exercise is working properly.

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by vishnu (2009-Apr-06 06:24:35)

#2 2009-Apr-05 13:01:31

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Lab Exercise4 NoMAC testing

One possible explanation is the FPGA isn't getting a clock signal from the clock board on boot. Check that the clock board (the little board mounted in the center of the FPGA board) is seated properly and that the various clock cables are secure.

It's also possible the FPGA configuration process isn't succeding. How are you downloading the bitstream- iMPACT via USB, an external JTAG cable, CF card? If it's from iMPACT, does it report success after finishing the configuration process? If it's the CF card, does the green status LED blink for a few seconds, then glow steadily after configuration?

#3 2009-Apr-06 06:23:50

vishnu

It worked fine. The clockboard is not mounted properly and is somewhat loose. By perfectly placing it, the board worked fine.

Thanks.

#4 2009-Apr-06 10:08:14

murphpo
Administrator

Good- glad it was a simple fix.

vishnu wrote:

Also terminal emulator is showing the messages.It gave a message flexible modulation is not supported in coded phy. I suppose its not an error.

This is message isn't a problem. The workshop OFDM design uses a version of the PHY which includes convolutional coding. This PHY doesn't support the same flexible modulation schemes as the uncoded PHY. This message is just a reminder that the warpphy function for configuring PHY modulation won't work with the coded PHY (it won't break anything; it just won't change anything).

Board footer