WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-May-05 05:49:00

eddyxd

FPGA board / FPGA kits(radio/userIO) ?

I have got some problem about lab2,3,4

I have done Lab2, but lab3/4 still can't work.

Even through I brun Solution project which download from WARP web successfully, there still don't have any response.
(No shineing LED and No RS232 terminal response)

And I found that problem maybe is in the different project type.

I can burn lab2 to FPGA when i choose "FPGA board" in creating EDK project successfully,

but i can't burn to FPGA when i choose "FPGA board kits(Radio/userIO....)" in creating EDK project,

Even through I adjust every parameter as i have got in "FPGA" project.

Can anyone helps meT_T

Thanks

#2 2009-May-05 09:15:34

murphpo
Administrator

Re: FPGA board / FPGA kits(radio/userIO) ?

The symptoms you described are consistent with the FPGA not receiving the 40MHz clock via the clock board header. This is the primary clock for most of our designs (including recent WARPLab versions); without it, the designs won't run.

Please try a known-good bitstream (like the WARPLab reference design). What LEDs/serial port output do you see with this?

Double check the clock board is connected all the way. I'd suggest even lifting it from its slot (you can do this without disconnecting any cables, but you'll need to loosen the nut on the bottom of the FPGA board), then re-seating it securely. Be sure you're grounded before handling the hardware.

If this doesn't work, you can follow up with Mango support (support@mangocomm.com) to handle it under their warranty.

Board footer