WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-May-03 16:11:42

zrcao

AGC Initialization

In my understanding, we should initialize the AGC after finish processing each packet. The reason is that, in a multi-user environmnent, you don't know what power level it is for the forthcoming packet.

My question is, which function should be used for the initialization? Why I couldn't find any AGC intialization function in the interrupt handlers for receiving good or bad packets in the OFDM reference design? (Maybe it is hiding somewhere and I didn't pay attention to. If this is the case, please kindly point out. Thank you very much!)

#2 2007-May-03 17:38:26

murphpo
Administrator

Re: AGC Initialization

The AGC core is initialized once on boot by the code in warpmac_init. This process sets up the default values for AGC timing and target gains. All other operation of the AGC core is automatic and is handled in hardware; there is no per-packet software control of the core. The AGC core activates when its packet detection input is asserted (which is driven from the packet detection core). It observes the signals from the radio, chooses the proper gains, drives these gains onto the user gain ports on the radio bridge, then asserts its done output. The core is reset in hardware when its reset input is asserted. This reset signal is driven by the OFDM core, and signals either the end of a packet reception, or a false positive packet detection. In either case, the AGC core immedilatey returns the radios to their maximum gain values in preparation for the next packet arrival.

Board footer