WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-Jun-02 00:25:02

Abhinandan

Configuring the board for multiple receivers

Hi,
Can the board be configured with 4 daughtercards, all of which are acting as receivers at the same time? If not, is it possible to configure 2 receivers at the same time? If yes then how do we do it?

#2 2009-Jun-02 10:16:18

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Configuring the board for multiple receivers

Each radio on a kit is controlled indepdendently. You can receive from the two radios in a MIMO kit on the same channels, on different channels, etc.

It is possible to mount four radio boards on a single FPGA board. The only special requirement is a longer coax cable to route the sampling clock from the clock board to a radio in slot 1.

#3 2009-Jun-09 04:22:39

Rohan Surana

Hi,

I wanted to know that how can I configure a radio card just to keep changing the channels sequentially ( for spectrum sensing). If you could pin point exactly which function in the C codes needs to be modified and how , then it will be very helpful for me.

#4 2009-Jun-09 07:44:28

murphpo
Administrator

#5 2009-Jun-10 00:38:22

Rohan Surana

How to tune each radio card separately to a different channel using the warplab_mimo_2x2_example_ContinuousTx.m code ?

#6 2009-Jun-11 00:29:20

Rohan Surana

Hi,

The board provides provision for using the 14 channels as per IEEE 802.11 standard. I am transmitting two sinusoids of frequencies 1MHz and 6MHz respectively in channel 6 (2.437GHz centre frequency) by using the warplab examples through matlab. I am trying to implement a spectrum sensing system on WARP. When I tune to the neighbouring channels (3,4,7,8) and take periodogram of the received data in that channel (for energy estimation of channel) I get peaks and the detection is sometimes faulty indicating usage of channel 5 or 7 instead of channel 6. It is due to overlapping nature of the channels. Is there a way to tune the MAX2829 chip on board for adjusting the filter settings around the centre frequency such that I can still use all the channels and detect the presence of signals in it ?

Board footer