WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-Jul-15 03:59:11

eddyxd

we get some matlab error@@ like we lose some library

After we set path to the mimo's mdlsrc what we try to simulate, there still a lot of error.

1. Matlab say we have undefined function : firpm with double type

And we search this problem in forum find someone have same problem as us,

and we trid to comment these "undefined function" like interp & rcosfir...etc in TX/TX_MIMO_INIT.m file.

But there still have some error like AWGN channel error...etc

Beside this problem we have trid to run other simulation example mdl code what we searching from network,

but these all dont work with simular error message.

What I want ask is dose we lose some library@@ for our matlab???

ps: What we use is Matlab 2008a & Xilinx 10.1

#2 2009-Jul-15 20:01:28

murphpo
Administrator

Re: we get some matlab error@@ like we lose some library

It sounds like your MATLAB installation doesn't include the Signal Processing toolbox (for firpm) or Communications blockset (for the AWGN channel block).

For simulation purposes, you can safely remove both from the model. In the 'Tx/DACs and Filters' subsystem, remove the polyphase interpolater blocks (four total, one per I/Q), then edit the ofdm_tx_mimo_init script to skip the call to firpm. For the AWGN block, look under the mask of the top-level "Channel" subsystem and remove the two AWGN blocks.

I believe these are the only blocks which use specialized toolboxes/blocksets.

#3 2009-Jul-15 21:53:18

eddyxd

Thx for your reply.

We have searched google and get similar answer,

but we "likely" have the Signal Processing toolbox and Coummunication Blockset@@.

For example , We can see communication blockset unit like "AWGN" in our simulink liberary,

but when we pull this block out it will show "????" and get some errer (we also can't run simulating).

And for  Siginal Processing Toolbox we can find we have Matlab/toolbox/signal folder

and Matlab/toolbox/siginal/signal/firpm.m file. but there still have error "undefined function : firpm@@"

If We move this file to the same folder of tx/rx_mimo.mdl , it will not show this error but other function error...firpminit...etc

I am a little bit confused@@~

THX~

Last edited by eddyxd (2009-Jul-15 21:54:56)

#4 2009-Jul-15 22:54:44

eddyxd

@@

We have tried to delete errer block like : AWGN channel (even delete whole channel block)

and interpolater blocks and comment "firpm" , "rcosfir" , "interp" code part of tx_init.m

but there still a lot of error show some message about RegisterXXX can't evaluate initial value

and if we tried to give these register some initvalue , some error happen and the whole simulink crash@@!

Could you give us some suggestion.~

THX~~

ps: we try to connect our school for these two toolbox, if these two toolbox is all we needed to do whole simulation?

Last edited by eddyxd (2009-Jul-15 23:56:22)

#5 2009-Jul-15 23:22:49

murphpo
Administrator

Did you change MATLAB's working directory to the folder containing the model and its init scripts? All of the registers get their initial values when MATLAB executes the .m init scripts. If it can't find them (i.e. they're not in the current directory, or in the path), simulation will definitely fail.

Board footer