WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-Aug-03 23:16:47

eddyxd

How OFDM_TXRX_MIMO take data from buffer in XPS_BRAM?

We know the true pkt_data is stored in XPS_BRAM,

but we have no idea how OFDM_TXRX_MIMO take these data@@!~

In : http://warp.rice.edu/trac/wiki/OFDM/MIM … ModelPorts

It seems like connect OFDM_TXRX_MIMO to XPS_BRAM by connecting the port,

but we can't find the OFDM_TXRX_MIMO pcore has the port about "bram_addr" or "bram_dout"...etc in xps project

and can't find any design about connecting to BRAM in OFDM_MIMO mdlsrc.

So how it work!!~@@?~???

#2 2009-Aug-04 00:56:29

murphpo
Administrator

Re: How OFDM_TXRX_MIMO take data from buffer in XPS_BRAM?

The interface between the OFDM pcore and the xps_bram pcore is defined as a bus interface. XPS uses bus interfaces to connect many ports simultaneously. The connection of each pcore to the PLB is done this way. In the MHS file, the line " BUS_INTERFACE SPLB = plb_32b_40MHz " connects the PLB ports of the OFDM core to the PLB. The line " BUS_INTERFACE PORTB = ofdm_TxRxPLB_BRAM_port " connects the BRAM ports on the OFDM pcore to the corresponding ports on the xps_bram.

The XPS platform specification format document ($XILINX_EDK/doc/usenglish/psf_rm.pdf) describes this and many other features of how the MHS/MSS/MPD files specify connections and options for pcores.

#3 2009-Aug-04 04:05:12

eddyxd

Thx for your reply~

These are really connected by bus , I just checked the port-window , forgot to check bus interface-window.

But I still have a quitsion :

I have known theses pcore connected by bus but how they work with each other??

What i mean is like this picture : http://pic.bs2.to/contents.php?id=eddyx … 5AC799.bmp

We know the OFDM module take and stroe pkd-data in this sub-system and the middle subsystem "PLB pkt buffer" which is just for simulation.

So this module must exchange data by the port which is also the gateway block in this picture:  "BRAM_Wen" , "BRAM_Data_IN".....etc

But the MHS file never talk ablout thest port name@@~ Even we haven't seen any port name in XPS project match these@@~

Could you give us some hint about this~?

We have made another phy design but can't get the buffer data  ~_~

THX~

#4 2009-Aug-04 20:40:22

murphpo
Administrator

A bus connection is just a wrapper for connection a group of ports. Ports are defined as members of a bus interface in the pcore's MPD file (as described in the psf_rm.pdf document).

Board footer