WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-Oct-23 14:29:54

Amir

WARPLAB with two hosts

Hi,

I have been out of touch with this for the past year so maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I'm looking to use WARPLAB in an application requiring the two radios to be significantly apart. This makes ethernet connection of both nodes to a single host through a switch difficult. Is there a simple way of configuring WARPLAB to work with two hosts? or maybe I should set up wireless bridges to the switch? Any help would be appreciated.

#2 2009-Oct-25 20:19:18

murphpo
Administrator

Re: WARPLAB with two hosts

We've done experiments with a single PC, two WARP nodes and two very long Ethernet cables. We haven't tried splitting the processing across two PCs. This should be possible- the trickiest part will be synchronizing the Tx/Rx cycles of nodes not on a common Ethernet switch (the WARPLab reference design uses a broadcast Ethernet frame for this). A wireless bridge could work; you'd need to measure and account for its latency in synchronizing the two nodes.

#3 2009-Oct-29 11:39:10

Amir

I'm thinking of integrating the ofdm packet detector core with warplab to circumvent the synchronization issue so I can run my nodes from separate hosts. Has anyone tried it before and are there any issues to be aware of?

#4 2009-Oct-29 12:52:59

murphpo
Administrator

We haven't tried that, but it should work. The OFDM packet detector has two parts- coarse detection using thresholding of RSSI, and fine detection using correlation against the preamble's long training symbols. You'll probably need both parts to achieve fine-enough synchronization for WARPLab captures.

#5 2010-Mar-29 15:28:14

Ahmad Amr

i am going to walk in Amir's path
my questin is there any percautions or issues or tricks thati have to be aware of befor going in that way ?

thanks in advance

Board footer