WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-Mar-08 22:29:56

riveridea

The GPS and Linux SOC on the back of WARP board?

I saw a video at this link http://vimeo.com/5100658 about WARP features and architecture. This video, posed two years ago, mentions the GPS and the AXIS linux SOC are installed on the back of the WARP board. However, I did not see such thing on my experimental board. Does it mean that you had ever integrated such thing into the WARP platform but removed them due to some consideration? I were excited to find the GPS attached, in that video, as it could be very helpful for me to design synchronization function.

Last edited by riveridea (2011-Mar-08 22:30:33)

#2 2011-Mar-09 03:32:36

murphpo
Administrator

Re: The GPS and Linux SOC on the back of WARP board?

The Axis SOC was part of another PCB design (the "Backdoor Board") which connected to the FPGA Board v2.2 via headers J55A/J55B. The Rice WARP team designed the Backdoor Board for a few research projects, but the boards were never distributed (largely because Axis stopped making the Etrax 100LX MCM).

If your application requires GPS, the easiest solution would to connect a GPS module to the FPGA Board's debug header (J20). Sparkfun sells many GPS modules; anything with 3.3v digital I/O should work. Most have a UART interface, which would be straightforward to integrate with your FPGA design (using a UART core, like the one in XPS).

Board footer