WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-Aug-27 12:02:57

henryxu

Question about Simulink Model

Hi,

I am trying to run a simulink model - ofdm_TxRx_mimo_opbw_v1_25_b, which is under the directory of ...\WARP\OFDM_ReferenceDesign_v04\pcores\. I got the following errors.

Error in 'ofdm_TxRx_mimo/"Channel"/FIR Decimation1': Initialization commands cannot be evaluated.  MATLAB error message: Error using ==> dspblkfirdn2
The FIR Decimation block only supports mfilt.firdecim or mfilt.firtdecim multirate filter objects from the Filter Design Toolbox.

By the way, the version of my SysGen is 8.2, and Matlab is version 2006.

Thanks,
Henry Xu

#2 2007-Aug-27 13:48:47

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Question about Simulink Model

I'd guess this is due to a missing license for the Filter Design Toolbox. The simulation model uses the Simulink filter block to represent the decimating polyphase filter we use in hardware. We generally bypass the filter for simulation, so it should be safe to just delete the blocks. Open the Channel subsystem (look under its mask) and delete the four FIR decimation blocks (at the right edge of the Channel subsystem).

#3 2007-Sep-06 09:13:42

henryxu

I do have FDATool on my machine. I am able to use the FDATool to design filters. Any clue?

#4 2007-Sep-06 10:22:54

murphpo
Administrator

We've never seen this issue, and I can't really debug your MATLAB installaton from here. The Simulink filter blocks aren't required to use the OFDM model in simulation or hardware and can be safely removed from the model to eliminate this error.

Board footer