WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-Jul-13 00:00:56

kalpana

problem in warp implementation

Dear sir/madam,

I am trying to implement "COGMAC server " on warp board  ( by including  cogmac_server.c & cogmac_server.h files in the project  ) . But, i am getting following error while i am updating the bitstream :

" Copying files for library WARP_FPGA_BOARD_LIB_v2_20_a from
C:\WARP_Repository\edk_user_repository\WARP\sw_services\WARP_FPGA_BOARD_LIB_v2_2
0_a\src\ to
E:\OFDM_ReferenceDesign_FPGAv2_v16.1_public\ppc405_0\libsrc\WARP_FPGA_BOARD_LIB_
v2_20_a\ ...
ERROR:MDT - Error while running "Copy Files" for processor ppc405_0...
make: *** [ppc405_0/lib/libxil.a] Error 2
Done!   "

If i build the project , i am getting error as:

C:\WARP_Repository\edk_user_repository\WARP\sw_services\WARP_FPGA_BOARD_LIB_v2_2
0_a\src\ to
E:\OFDM_ReferenceDesign_FPGAv2_v16.1_public\ppc405_0\libsrc\WARP_FPGA_BOARD_LIB_
v2_20_a\ ...
Done! "

I tried in many ways to remove this error. But, i am not not able to do that. Can you please help me in removing this error?

Please help. I am struggling with this error for many days.

#2 2012-Jul-13 00:02:59

kalpana

Re: problem in warp implementation

Dear sir/madam,

I am trying to implement "COGMAC server " on warp board  ( by including  cogmac_server.c & cogmac_server.h files in the project  ) . But, i am getting following error while i am updating the bitstream :

0_a\src\ to
v2_20_a\ ...
Done!   "

If i build the project , i am getting error as:

0_a\src\ to
v2_20_a\ ...
Done! "

The entire compiled thing,  i am giving in attached word files. ( error that came while building the project  &
the error that came while updating the bitstream ).

I tried in many ways to remove this error. But, i am not not able to do that. Can you please help me in removing this error?

--
With Best regards,
Kalpana

#3 2012-Jul-13 00:07:04

kalpana

Dear sir/madam,

I am trying to implement "COGMAC server " on warp board  ( by including  cogmac_server.c & cogmac_server.h files in the WARPNET_EXAMPLE project  ) . But, i am getting following error while building the project::

"  At Local date and time: Fri Jul 13 10:46:17 2012
make -f system.make WARPNET_EXAMPLE_program started...
powerpc-eabi-gcc -O2 /cygdrive/d/OFDM_ReferenceDesign_FPGAv2_v16.1_public/src/WARPMAC/warpmac.c /cygdrive/d/OFDM_ReferenceDesign_FPGAv2_v16.1_public/src/WARPMAC/warpnet.c /cygdrive/d/OFDM_ReferenceDesign_FPGAv2_v16.1_public/src/WARPMAC/warpphy.c /cygdrive/d/OFDM_ReferenceDesign_FPGAv2_v16.1_public/src/WARPMAC/cogmac_server.c  -o WARPNET_EXAMPLE/executable.elf \
     -Wl,-T -Wl,/cygdrive/d/OFDM_ReferenceDesign_FPGAv2_v16.1_public/WARPNET_EXAMPLE/WARPNET_EXAMPLE_linker_script.ld  -g    -I./ppc405_0/include/  -Isrc/MAC/WARPNET_EXAMPLE/ -Isrc/WARPMAC/ -Isrc/WARPMAC/util/  -L./ppc405_0/lib/  \

/cygdrive/d/OFDM_ReferenceDesign_FPGAv2_v16.1_public/src/WARPMAC/warpmac.c: In function 'warpmac_setCallback':
/cygdrive/d/OFDM_ReferenceDesign_FPGAv2_v16.1_public/src/WARPMAC/warpmac.c:751: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
/cygdrive/c/Xilinx/10.1/EDK/gnu/powerpc-eabi/nt/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.1.1/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld: region xps_bram_if_cntlr_2 is full (WARPNET_EXAMPLE/executable.elf section .heap)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [WARPNET_EXAMPLE/executable.elf] Error 1
Done! "

--
With Best regards,
Kalpana

#4 2012-Jul-16 00:33:19

murphpo
Administrator

COGMAC is something we've only used in workshops, so it's not exactly "supported". But it should work ok. It's a standalone MAC- you don't need to merge it with warpnet. Just create a new software project in XPS and add the cogmac and warpmac/warpphy sources.

Have you successfully built one of the basic OFDM ref design MACs (like nomac or csmamac)? It would be good to rule out tools issues before attempting a custom design.

#5 2012-Jul-18 04:53:17

kalpana

Thank you for your reply.

I changed the stack and heap sizes to 0x200. Then , everything ran properly. Bit stream was genereted nicely. But, we have some other problems with COGMAC. That i have posted in "Hardware" forum section. If you don't mind, can you please help us for that problem.

Thank you anyway.

--KALPANA

Last edited by kalpana (2012-Jul-18 04:56:54)

Board footer