WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-Oct-24 09:03:47

kalpana

reg. MAC

Can you please clarify the following ::

1) Carrier sensing time is : around 30 micro sec time. (i.e. to get the o/p of warpmac_carriersense() function ) . This value  i got from the DIFS timer used for the carrier sense. Is it right ?

2)  What can be the data rate of warp board transmission? (How many bits can be transmitted per sec using warp board )

3)  I am putting " updateDuration"  for the user_timerA  as : 2*(10^7).  This updateDuration when we multiply with TIMERCLK_CYCLES_PER_USEC (= 80 micro   sec ), we will get 1600Sec = 27 minutes.   i.e.  user_timerA  should expire after 27 minutes.  But, when i see it practically, it is taking only 1/2 minute or so to get the timer expiration.

Please clarify why is it happening? ( i am using warp-2, virtex-4 FPGA board with warp version 16.1 )

4) What is the probability of false alarm for CSMA when carrier sense threshold is set to 7000? How can we calculate it?

The above 1), 2) & 3) values i tried to print using Xil_printf statements where i have used %f . But, it did not print the values there. Again , i have used printf statements which is not even transmitting the video itself. (May be because, so many printfs are there, it is not transmitting the video). So, only i am requesting to get help from you.

Please clarify my doubts sir.

With best regards,
kalpana

Last edited by kalpana (2012-Oct-24 09:41:26)

#2 2012-Oct-24 09:49:11

chunter
Administrator

Re: reg. MAC

Answered this here.

Board footer