WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-Feb-12 12:44:48

jlliu

Questions about RSSI reading

hi,

I have problems in reading RSSI of radio 2 and radio 3 by software control. I built up the project with 2 radio cards (radio 2 and radio 3) by project-base system builder. I inputed sinesoid signal into the WARP and tried to control them by software. I am sure that I can control the CenterFrequency, RxEnable, RxLnaGain and  RxVGAGain correctly. But when I attempted to read the RSSI of both cards, the values were strange. For example, radio 2 is 899 and radio 3 is 4. And from chipscope, I could see that both signals of the radio cards were strong. And the values would not change even I readed hundreds of times with centern interval (100us) between every two read.

My question is that when I controled the RxEnable, RxLnaGain and  RxVGAGain by software, I ran the SoftControlEnable functions for the corresponding signals. But for Rssi control, I did not find the function for its SoftControlEnable. What should pay attention to when I attempted to read the RSSI by software?  Do I need to use the function of WarpRadio_v1_RssiHighBandwidth?

Thanks a lot,
Junlin

#2 2008-Feb-12 12:57:26

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Questions about RSSI reading

Are you driving a clock to the RSSI ADC converter (via the user_RSSI_ADC_clk input port on the radio bridge)? A user core must supply this clock signal. The packet detector core does this in our OFDM designs (described here).

Board footer