WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-Feb-25 23:03:26

atanu

Missing Links in the "MIMO OFDM Physical Layer" documentation

Many documents in the lfollowing link are missing.

http://warp.rice.edu/trac/wiki/OFDM/MIMO#Documentation

In the MIMO-OFDM, there is a simulation only OFDM model as mentioned in http://warp.rice.edu/trac/browser/Resea … /MIMO_OFDM , but the link is missing.

Could you please provide the correct link to these documents?

#2 2008-Feb-25 23:25:54

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Missing Links in the "MIMO OFDM Physical Layer" documentation

The OFDM PHY documentation is still a work in progress; the missing sections aren't written yet. I hope to get them done soon.

The simulation only model was deprecated a while back. The current OFDM models are useful both in simulation and hardware.

#3 2008-Feb-25 23:35:53

atanu

Thanks for the details.

I am trying to build the MIMO-OFDM system using the following WARP provided MATLAB source files:
ofdm_txrx_mimo.mdl, ofdm_rx_mimo_init.m, ofdm_tx_mimo_init.m, ofdm_rx_init_packetTimingControl.m, CRC_table_gen.m, and calcTxCRC.m.

In the sysgen pcore generation process I want to use my own system.xmp file. Once the pcores are generated from sysgen, then I will take the design to EDK and add MAC codes to the design and generate bit stream. Could you please comment on the correctness of the process?

What special things I need to take care in the above process?

What is the BRAM interface block in the simulink model and how it is interacting with the simulink TX and RX flow?

#4 2008-Feb-26 03:27:08

murphpo
Administrator

That's the correct general flow. The second workshop exercise illustrates the full flow for a much simpler design.

Please keep in mind that after following the same steps for the OFDM PHY (and other PHY peripherals), you will have re-created the hardware design for the OFDM Reference Design.

The OFDM reference design uses a PLB_bram core for a packet buffer. The PHY's BRAM interface subsystem implements the top-level ports and byte-steering logic to interface with the PLB_bram instantiated in the EDK project. This design component was discussed in some previous posts (here and here).

#5 2008-Feb-26 03:49:32

atanu

Thanks for the clarification.

Board footer