WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-Apr-14 08:19:29

chenhongwei

a question about using modified design

I have found there is a strange phenomenon for me when i use the w3 board .Whatever changes I make to hardware that i think it not influences the original hardware design such as just adding a chipscope_icon and a chipscope_ila IP core to monitor the unrouted port ,such as the rfd_dac_i port, the w3 board can not normally work with that My computer can't found the Mango_IBSS wifi (use the IBSS mode). it maybe problems of my using method of SDK,i have read the SDK using tutorial for times ,i hope someone to help me to see my using process  is right or not.
      1.in xps,generate bitstream->click export design->only export.(after do that,the modified platform project lie in path :SDK/SDK_Export/hw )
      2.modified system.bmm file in SDK/SDK_Export/hw folder.
      3.launch SDK->import SDK_WorkPlace->build->program FPGA (choose system.bit and system.bmm file under the path :SDK/SDK_Export/hw and choose elf file.)
      4 .program fpga.
      5.my computer can not find mango_ibss wifi
the sdk software rely on  hardware platform,maybe the sdk project should to update .

Last edited by chenhongwei (2019-Apr-15 05:06:50)

#2 2019-Apr-15 09:38:41

murphpo
Administrator

Re: a question about using modified design

You should not reference the SDK/SDK_Export folder explicitly. After building the hardware design select Export, then "Export & Launch SDK". When the SDK launches select your SDK_Workspace folder (typically the SDK_Workspace folder inside the XPS project folder). The SDK will launch and re-import the updated hardware. Then make your desired C code changes, ensure the C code compiles successfully. Then in the "Program FPGA" window ensure the .bit and .bmm fields refer to files in the SDK_Workspace/proj_name_hw_platform/ folder.

Due to a limitation in the 14.4 tools you must manually edit the .bmm file after exporting a new hardware design from XPS. Refer to the user guide.

#3 2019-Apr-16 00:42:41

chenhongwei

Re: a question about using modified design

thank you very much,I have learned o lot!!!

Board footer